mandag den 10. august 2009

Chocolate mousse for breakfast

Once in a while, you just gotta forget everything about the world, sit back in the sunshine and enjoy some beautiful food. That's what I did yesterday!

I woke up fairly early for a sunday, at 8 o'clock in the morning, woken by the lovely church bells
outside our bedroom window. It's amazing to have such a view in Copenhagen!

After a shower and some cold water with lemon juice, I decided to move outside in our yard with my new book "Coastliners" by Joanne Harris. I just finished the sequel to Chocolat also by her, and it was reeeally good - if you liked Chocolat then definantly read The girl with no shadow.
Such a wonderful sunday morning had to be accompanied by a gorgeous breakfast, and at days like these, I like to eat exactly what I fancy just at that moment. So.... I ate chocolate mousse accompanied by mango/banana/blueberry fruit salad :)

Recipe for guilt-free, soft, glossy and chocolatey chocolate mousse:
1 ripe avocado
5-10 dates (soaked if too hard) depending on your sweet tooth and the avocado ripeness
1 or more tbsp of cocoa powder
A pinch of vanilla
A pinch of sea salt
Water until the desired texture is reached

Blend everything together, adding as much water and dates as you like. I have to admit that I prefer around 10 dates, as I have quite a sweet tooth :-) It can be stored in a box in the fridge until the next day - if there is anything left!
I must say that I adore chocolate! But even so, sometimes it is nice which pure, simple food such as this fruit salad. It is made from 1 banana, 1 mango and a handful of fresh blueberries. Preferably eaten with my fingers in the sunshine, just as I did yesterday!

Enjoy :-)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar