torsdag den 15. april 2010

Homemade snack bar

Sometimes I really like to have a snack bar with me, if I know that I'm going to need great fuel for exercise later in the day, or if I need some extra fibers or food during the day. As I think it is very expensive to buy such bars and that it can be difficult here in Denmark, to find bars without excess sugar, I make my own.

Today I made oat and date bars with hazelnut, cacao nibs, flax seed and vanilla.

Oat bars (12 bars/servings)
16 fresh, pitted dates
100 g oats
2 tbsp flax seed
3 tbsp raw cacao nibs
100 g hazelnut butter
4 tsp coconut oil
Pinch of pure vanilla powder

Blend dates into a coarse paste. Mix with remaining ingredients. Shape into bars and put in the oven at 150 degrees for 10 minutes if desired, followed by putting them in the freezer. Otherwise just pop in the freezer. Wrap in cling film and store in fridge. 

The nutritional info on each bar is: 


Nutrition Facts
User Entered Recipe
  12 Servings
Amount Per Serving
  Calories141.1
  Total Fat9.0 g
     Saturated Fat2.8 g
     Polyunsaturated Fat1.4 g
     Monounsaturated Fat4.2 g
  Cholesterol0.0 mg
  Sodium1.1 mg
  Potassium178.6 mg
  Total Carbohydrate16.8 g
     Dietary Fiber3.3 g
     Sugars7.5 g
  Protein2.8 g
  Vitamin A0.1 %
  Vitamin B-120.0 %
  Vitamin B-63.8 %
  Vitamin C0.9 %
  Vitamin D0.0 %
  Vitamin E6.7 %
  Calcium2.2 %
  Copper10.9 %
  Folate4.0 %
  Iron5.7 %
  Magnesium8.3 %
  Manganese47.7 %
  Niacin1.9 %
  Pantothenic Acid    2.5 %
  Phosphorus    7.5 %
  Riboflavin1.7 %
  Selenium0.8 %
  Thiamin8.2 %
  Zinc3.8 %


*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar