søndag den 18. april 2010

Romaine/chicken salad

Last night I came home late and I was STARVING! So I had to whip up something in around 15 minutes, if I were to even survive :-)

I knew that I wanted salad, and was actually in the mood for something like Caesar salad, but didn't have all of the ingredients so that wasn't an option. But a girl's gotta work with what she has, so I got to work!

First, I whipped up a mayonnaise from 2 pasteurized egg yolks, ½ tsp of dijon mustard (not pictured), lemon juice from 1/3 lemon and extra virgin olive oil. I know that some people like to use a neutral oil, but I don't want to use anything too processed, plus I really like the flavour the olive oil gives to the mayonnaise. Whisk egg yolks, dijon mustard and lemon juice until white. Slowly add oil, a bit at a time, while whisking.

  

There you have it - homemade mayonnaise filled with wonderful fat, which is good for you!


Rip up some romaine salad in a bowl, and add freshly grated parmesan/grana padano/pecorino (whichever you like) along with 2 tbsp of mayonnaise. Toss to mix. 
 


I took two chicken thighs (upper thighs) and roasted them in a skillet until almost cooked through. Remove the meat from the bones, and cut into bite-size pieces. Put back in the skillet with chopped asparagus and one clove of chopped up garlic and cook until the chicken is done. Serve alongside your romaine salad (or in the salad, but the mayonnaise might melt if the chicken is too hot, giving it a different taste).

 

Eat and enjoy!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar